Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Tripod Lamp

I had seen several tripod lamps on different websites and wanted to try making one.  I had an old stage light that was free that would work great for the lamp.




I found the tripod at my local antique store for $45.  It looks like an old army tripod of some sort.  It is a pretty cool tripod. 




This was really pretty easy to make. 

The Light: All I had to do was take out the guts and install a UL light socket, cord, and switch (all from Lowes for $9).  The socket was attached right through the back of the light.



Light to Tripod pole:  This had to be manufacture.  I took a 1 1/2" round tube (the size of the tripod's hole) and welded a washer to the top of it so that the light could be attached.  



The finished product:

Once the socket, plug, and switch were installed, the pole attached to the lamp, and the hole thing assembled this is how it turned out.  

In all it took 30 min max to make this.  I haven't decided if I am going to sell it or keep it yet.  We'll see.










1 comment: