Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sandbox for the Boys!

Another old project that I thought I would share.

Every boy needs a sandbox right?  It was time to build the boys one.  Once again I tried to find items to reuse instead of going out and buying lumber.

We had some old oak 6x6's that would work great.

First was the excavation which CJ helped with and Moses watched.




I failed to take pictures of the build but it was pretty simple:

I leveled the ground out and then laid the posts.  To screw them together I used my new favorite lag/timber screws, TimberLok

It just took one 8" lag in each corner and one in the middle of the posts.


After screwing them together I laid down some weed barrier and then added sand, which I was able to get from the river for free.








This project was all of $30 and the kids love to play in it!






No comments:

Post a Comment