Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Simple End Tables

This year for Christmas my wife asked if I could make her an end table for a chair she oftens sits to read in. I have been pretty busy with a lot of projects so I tried to do this as simple as possible. 

We had an old vanity that needed way to much work to make it a usable vanity so i decided to make it into two end tables (double the gifts)!


First thing was to chop this puppy in half and the legs off, something my mom taught me all to well as she often did this with furniture. 




Once the halves were cut and legs chopped off I routered the cut edges and bottoms of the legs. 



Next a little sanding, not too much as I wanted to keep the old look, and then a poly finish. 


After the finish some knobs and all done. This was very easy to do and in all about an hour, not including poly dry time.








2 comments: